Travelers Meetup Documentary Screening baner balewadi
Travelling, Adventure and Writing Meetup.
We are delighted to announce our first meetup! Come join us at Pagdandi Book Chai Cafe- 8th June, 11 AM- 1.30 PM for some chai and some travel-talk!
The program includes-
- Documentary Screening:
- We are screening Himalaya with Michael Palin: A passage to India, BBC television series presented by comedian and travel presenter Michael Palin. It records his six-month trip around the Himalaya mountain range area. The trip covered only 4,800 km (3,000 miles) horizontally but involved a lot of vertical traveling.
- Introduction to LitYatri:
- Meet the team, we will describe in detail what we want to do and how to go forward, ask us questions and give us suggestions.
- Discussion over Chai: The introduction will be concluded with a cup of chai served at the venue!
Registration Charges- 100 Rs (Includes a cup of Pagdandi Adrak Chai)
LitYatri is a group dedicated to creating a community of travelers and storytellers.
What we do:-
- Conduct regular meetups for travelers and storytellers- For us, a storyteller is anyone interested in documenting their experience through writing, photography, video, poetry drawing- in short, any form possible.
- Workshops for traveling storytellers to improve their skills- travel writing workshops, photography workshops, film making workshops, art workshops, workshops that will help one travel to out of the way places, language workshops, history workshops. Workshops, workshops.
- Book Readings, Movie Screenings, Documentary Screenings- Travel related, of course 🙂
- Fun discussions- Serious ones as well, to foster a spirit of community.
- Travel Stories- Curated sessions of travelers that have amazing stories to tell
- Provide a platform for travel groups to present their outings- As a community, we will invite travel groups and companies to showcase their travels and excursions which will be of interest to the community. We would love for you to come and present any tour that you or your travel group/company are organizing which meet our criteria.
eventually, we would love our community members to come forward and present their stories, take workshops and present the travel packages they are organizing.
What we do not do-
- Lityatri as a group does not organize any travel plans or field activities- As a community we want members and interested people to come and present their packages so in the interest of staying neutral, we welcome anyone to come to present their tours and travel packages (As long as they meet our criteria) and we encourage our community members to take part in them.
To know more about us and be a part of our community- come to our event!