MVVM Architecture for Android Development LiveData, ViewModel, WorkManager baner balewadi
For the first time in Pune, iTech Valley is organizing a 21 hour workshop on the much-hyped “Android Architecture Components & MVVM Architecture” at Baner on 14, 15 & 16 June 2019.
Who should attend this Workshop?
– If you’re already an Android Developer, Freelancer or Product Manager at an IT Firm. This will boost your career because this lecture will completely change how you design your Apps. We have seen many people getting a raise in their salary after attending this course.
Why you should attend this Workshop?
– Being an Android Developer is really a tough job. You have to keep your Client happy by writing AsyncTasks daily. Meanwhile, you should make sure that no memory leak occurs in your code.
Imagine a situation when you fully complete & test a feature & then the client tells you some changes. You’ve completely messed up at that situation.
This is because of the poor implementation of Architecture for your App. In this workshop, you’ll learn to use MVVM Architecture & have a peaceful sleep. At Google I/O 2018, Android Jetpack was added to the Android family to make Android Development easier, faster and bug-free.
If you want to learn all these concepts, you must attend this workshop.
What will you learn? #Syllabus
- Introduction to Course
- What is MVVM? Did Thor invent it?
- Why do you need this Architecture?
- How will your App benefit after implementing this Architecture?
- ButterKnife & Introduction to Android Data Binding
- Fetching data from a REST API – The Old Way using AsyncTask and HttpUrlConnection
- Drawbacks of writing your full code in MainActivity
- Why does Memory Leak occur when you use AsyncTask for background operations?
- Handling Screen Orientation in Android with respect to Activity’s Lifecycle
- Limitations of Android Development in 2019
- What is the solution? Android Jetpack & MVVM Architecture is to the rescue.
- Getting started with Android Jetpack & AndroidX Libraries & building Top Movies App along with it.
- ButterKnife Library & Android Data Binding
- Replacement to AsyncTask: Thread Pool Executors
- Using Retrofit: Say Goodbye to HttpUrlConnection & OkHttp
- Issue of Screen Orientation & how ViewModel can solve it.
- Reactive Programming Pattern
- ViewModel vs RxJava: What to choose?
- Using ViewModel in Top Movies App
- Say hello to LiveData and it’s siblings MutableLiveData & MediatorLiveData
- Concept of SOC (Separation of concern) & the birth of Dependency Injection
- Offline Caching of API Response (JSON) using Room, MediatorLiveData & Depending Injection (without Dagger2)
- Revising the rules of MVVM
- Using WorkManager to Sync Data to Server
- Android Paging Library & Introduction to BoundaryCallback
- Revision of all the topics covered